Visiting an ancient fortified village dating from the XVI century showing beautiful examples of traditional Ibicencan architecture. Also, we can visit the Amunts Interpretation Centre to learn more about the island of Ibiza.
Departure from the car park at Sant Llorenç to Balàfia after visiting the Interpretation Centre of Amunts. Here an explanation is given of the rich culture and natural environment of the northern part of the island. After an easy walk we will discover the Torres de Balàfia comprising five fortified farm houses dating from the XV, XV1 And XV11 Century. These houses received numerous attacks from enemies during these centuries.
We continue our visit to the Sant Llorenç de Balàfia church, one of the most picturesque examples of the famous traditional architecture. During the XV111 century the changes in the exploitation of rural areas have caused a transformation in the local countryside. It is wonderful to see in situ this traditional architecture so admired by actual architects.
Returning to departure point we will receive information and advice in order to continue our visit to the island independently without guides. This information is not normally available in the Tourist Information Centres. If there is time we will go and visit a typical restaurant-bar frequented by locals.
- Difficulty Easy
- Estimated Time
- Between 3 and 4 hours. We will take an easy walk on foot, visiting the Torres de Balàfia on the way back to the meeting point.
- Recommended for…
- All lovers of culture and local history and its folklore. Explaining the scenery and the changes in the countryside through time. It is an excursion needing little physical effort ideal for anyone wanting to escape from the offers of mass tourism.
- Departure Point
- The Sant Llorenç de Balàfia car park. With a map of Ibiza infront of us we will see a road leaving Ibiza direction Santa Eulària del Riu. After about 8 kilometres, after a roundabout, we will take a left turn to the village of Sant Joan de Labritja. Approximately at kilometre 14 of this road we will take another left turn in direction Sant Llorenç de Balàfia. Following a long stretch of straight road we will find a large carpark on our left. We have arrived. Consult also the web page of Ibizabus.
Heeled shoes and flipflops are not advisable. You can wear boots, sports shoes or any comfortable shoes for walking on tarmac and paths. In summer it is advisable to cover our heads and wear sunglasses and use solar protection as well as bringing a bottle of water and a snack. Don’t forget in rainy weather you will need a waterproof jacket and adequate warm clothing if it is cold.
- For 1 person: 50 € (the company provides transport and fuel)
- For 2 people: 30 € each (the company provides transport and fuel)
- For 3 or 4 people: 20 € each (the company provides transport and fuel)
- Groups of 5 to 10 people: 10 €each (the clients provides own transport)
- Groups of 11 to 20 people: 8 € each (the clients provide own transport)